Pages

Welcome to my blog, if you are looking for reviews of the latest releases then I would suggest taking a look at some of the other excellent blogs mentioned to the right of this blog, for I review an eclectic mix of films from any era and any country and have sadly little time for the latest film news.
Enjoy my blog and don't hesitate to comment, I will answer without delay!

Sunday 1 May 2011

Weekly Collection of Random Film Thoughts

  • It was the anniversary of Sergio Leone's death a couple of days ago, it's such a loss to Cinema. Such a shame he had that compulsive eating disorder which ended up killing him, for his films about the Siege Of Leningrad would surely have been amazing... Thankfully his name will live on through his films, especially the Good The Bad and The Ugly, which is one of the most loved films of all time.
  • The supposed title of QT's new film was leaked not long ago, Django Unchained. The film will obviously be very much a modern Spaghetti Western but I like the idea, especially if it really will deal with slavery in the South. If anyone is going to make a Spaghetti Western than it should be QT really, he's probably seen most f them anyway!
  •  More sequels were announced recently, I've been getting tired of them for ages now but an Ice Age 4, a Terminator 5 and a Fast and Furious 6 and possibly 7 are quite frankly ridiculous ideas. There isn't much more to say, I'll probably see them anyway, then complain about how bad and unnecessary they were and that will be it. 
  • I recently watched Dick Tracy, and I was struck by the film completely unique visual style, quite extraordinary. So I was wondering if any of you could recommend other films with completely unique visual styles, apart from the obvious ones like Sin City.
  • Well, my Silent Film Marathon is all set to start tomorrow. There are 16 films in all, so it will go on for 16 days minimum, I'm still not sure if I'll manage to post a review everyday although that would be the ideal way to handle it. Don't feel obliged to read the ones that don't interest you, I'm primarily doing this marathon for myself, to get all these unwatched Silent films out of the way. Although of course comments are always appreciated!
  • I'm also working of several other posts, probably too many in fact, some of which may go up in the coming week, so in between the Silent films and those I will have less time to read all your blogs I'm afraid.
  • I'm sure you'll have noticed the changes to my blog by now, I've created a separate page for my various reviews, so as not to clutter up the side bar, I also removed unnecessary widgets. I would like to thanks the members of this weeks LAMBcast for their helpful suggestions for my blog, I'm sure I put their advice to good use.

Time for some links:

Liam over at the brilliant Paracinematic Cinephile blog, has opened discussion on Inception, which I'm sure many of you have seen, head over to his blog to share your thoughts, ratings and reviews...

Andy Buckle examines the Alteration of the Time-Image in Contemporary Cinema

themoviesnob reviews the recently rereleased (on Bluray) Blow Out, which I will be watching soon I hope.

M. Hufstader reviews the classic James Bond, Thunderball, which also happens to be one of the few I haven't seen.

Thaddeus reviews X Men in a particularly good review!

Michael reviews De Palma's Scarface, and his thoughts pretty much coincide with mine.

Chelsea at Passion For Film has been celebrating Michelle Pfeiffer birthday with a series of posts. 

Limette presents three mini-reviews.

A cool review of the Classic Spagetthi Western Django has been posted over at the excellent blog, Beasts In Human Skin

Stevee has unveiled here Top 100 Movies! I really should put together a similar list, I would be interested to see how it turns out.

And finally, the newt Movie Of The Month has been announced over at the LAMB, it is Oldboy, a film I liked less than most but still look forward to reviewing, I might even seen it again...

And now I must get ready to start the marathon, first up is the Italian Epic, Cabiria!

No comments:

Post a Comment