Pages

Welcome to my blog, if you are looking for reviews of the latest releases then I would suggest taking a look at some of the other excellent blogs mentioned to the right of this blog, for I review an eclectic mix of films from any era and any country and have sadly little time for the latest film news.
Enjoy my blog and don't hesitate to comment, I will answer without delay!

Wednesday 25 May 2011

15 Questions Meme

I was urged to participate in this meme by Stevee @ Cinematic Paradox, and seeing as I just finished my marathon I though I might as well.


It was thought up by Anna @ Defiant Success and consists of 15 Questions about film, which I will now try and answer.

So here goes:



1. Movie You Love With a Passion.

One of my top five of all time, this really is one of he most beautiful films ever made. And Kubrick's most underrated.







2.Movie you vow to never watch.
I could go with the Human Centipede here as well, but I'll go for something a bit older:
Salo, or the 100 Days Of Sodom. A film I have vowed never to watch. Along with all those films like Cannibal Holocaust etc...

3.Movie that literally left you speechless.

Most of Herzog's film have this effect on me, but Fitzcarraldo more than others.








4.Movie you always recommend.

Not a film I recommend to everyone I meet. But I've found myself recommending it to fellow film buffs may times before.
Adaptation is another one I frequently recommend.




5.Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.

This one is a bit of a cheat, as DDL rarely ever stars in a bad film, but then again he was in the awful Nine and I watched it for him, so he kind of belongs in this category.







 6.Actor/actress you don't get the appeal for.

Seriously, I cannot understand why this guy was voted number 1 most popular film star. He's an average actor, and seems incredibly shallow off screen.







 7.Actor/actress, living or dead, you'd love to meet.

Toshiro Mifune, I use his pic as my avatar for a reason. He was awesome and I would love to meet him.
Bruce Lee would be a close second.







8.Sexiest actor/actress you've seen. (Picture required!)
Well I think the obvious answer to this is:










No, but seriously I have no answer to this question. Sexiness isn't something I really look for much in an actor, I prefer simple charisma, and even if I do notice it I tend to forget as soon as the film is over.
So, no answer here.

9.Dream cast.
Well that's a tough question, it all depends on the film really. But I like to imagine some kind of massive international action film starring all my favourites, we'd have De Niro from the US, Mifune from Japan, probably Depardieu from France maybe Cassel though, Mastroianni from Italy, Michael Caine from UK and of course Klaus Kinski from Germany.
I suppose I'd need some women as well, so maybe Elizabeth Taylor, she could hold her own alongside all those guys I'm sure. Faye Dunaway would be great as well, you might as well throw in Julianne Moore and Cate Blanchett as well. Now that's a great cast, but as always it doesn't guarantee that the film will be good.
Naturally all these actors would have to be in their prime, for most of them are either near the end of their careers or dead right now...

10.Favorite actor pairing.
One of the best on screen couples of all time.
Not a particularly happy couple, but the chemistry is undeniable.








11.Favorite movie setting.
Another hard one, I'd say in nature. I like films that take place out of doors, no matter what type of film. It could be The Thin Red Line or a Herzog film, I always enjoy seeing shots of the great outdoors. Much more than cityscapes anyway.

12.Favorite decade for movies.
Definitely the 70's.

13.Chick flick or action movie?
I don't believe I've ever even bothered to see a real chick flick, so Action films all the way!









14.Hero, villain or anti-hero?
I know most people prefer anti-heroes, but I generally prefer a straight up villain. I dislike the conflicted villains, the eviller the better in my opinion.








15.Black and white or color?

That's a tough one, but I'm going to have to go with colour.

Well that was fun.

Anyway, I hope you noticed that the images on my blog now have no borders. A definite improvement in my opinion. It took me hours of fiddling around with the HTML though...

No comments:

Post a Comment